joeware - never stop exploring... :)

Information about joeware mixed with wild and crazy opinions...

Archive for the 'tech' Category

The Pollexy Project–Special Needs Voice Assistance

by @ Sunday, April 23rd, 2017. Filed under general, tech

I kept meaning to share this with everyone because I really want to get this video everywhere I can to get as much exposure as possible to it out in the world. Troy is a friend of mine that works for Amazon, he has a 16 year old son with Autism. See what cool thing […]

From the mailbag… I want to see the information going through the pipeline from one command to the next…

by @ Saturday, April 22nd, 2017. Filed under general, tech

  Hi, Joe, I’ve been using these 2 excellent utilities to manage users both in our AD domain and our legacy Novell eDirectory tree. Recently I needed to move disabled accounts without our ‘KEEP’ flag set into a Leavers OU and came up with the 2 commands below: adfind -h novserver -ssl -sslignoresrvcert -simple -b […]

I LOVE YOUR FREE TOOLS but…

by @ Saturday, April 22nd, 2017. Filed under general, tech

I am finally catching up on a lot of old email that I wasn’t able to get to, literally thousands of messages. I am quite happy with the number of people who find the tools useful saving them minutes or hours of time and the other comments of thanks we were told by MSFT this […]

AdFind V01.50.00 Beta 2 is now available

by @ Tuesday, April 18th, 2017. Filed under general, tech

  I have now uploaded a second beta of AdFind V01.50.00 to the website, you can find it at http://www.joeware.net/downloads/beta/adfind_v150_beta2.zip The previous beta had two main issues with it. First it was built with dynamic linking meaning that it looked for MSFT DLLs on the machine it was running on to utilize the API functions […]

Stand Alone Binary of AdFind Beta that runs on Windows 7/Windows Server 2008 R2 and newer (and possibly older)

by @ Tuesday, April 18th, 2017. Filed under general, tech

I previously released a beta for AdFind that wasn’t statically linked. I did that with the thought that one of the big benefits of using Visual Studio is that a lot of people would already have the necessarily DLLs. While a lot do, a lot also do not so I will be releasing a beta […]

Active Directory Deleted Objects

by @ Monday, April 10th, 2017. Filed under general, tech

In case it is ever a question (say like someone from MSFT tells you it works differently), objects deleted in Active Directory go into the Deleted Objects container[1] of the Partition the objects live in. They do not get moved to the Configuration Partition Deleted Objects container. [Mon 04/10/2017 14:37:42.83] C:\>adfind -hh k16tst-dc1.k16tst.test.loc -gcb -f […]

AdFind V01.50.00 Beta is now available

by @ Sunday, April 9th, 2017. Tags:
Filed under general, tech, updates

  I am now comfortable enough with the stability of AdFind V01.50.00 to release a beta of what is likely to be released. I went extra slow on testing on this version because I have converted the compiler from C++ Builder (previously Borland) to Visual Studio. This resulted in a considerable speed increase which really […]

AdFind SSL/TLS Certificate / Session Info

by @ Saturday, April 8th, 2017. Filed under general, tech

I think I have settled on the data I want to make available for the –sslinfo switch. If someone thinks there would be some additional info that would be useful please let me know. Below is what I have for output so far for the –sslinfo switch. I am thinking the switch will initially be […]

AdFind Beta News

by @ Friday, April 7th, 2017. Filed under general, tech

Added this SSL Info functionality this week. I am likely to still change it up a little. I would like to see if I can report on the server cert too. And maybe see about this going into a CSV/TSV type output format as well since it is well outside the normal code path. Beta […]

AdFind V01.50.00 Speed Increase for Security Descriptors When Resolving SIDs to Names

by @ Sunday, March 26th, 2017. Tags:
Filed under tech

As previously mentioned I have been focusing on some speed tweaks for AdFind for larger scale environments. One of the items I have wanted to speed up was the decoding of Security Descriptors especially in orgs where they got a little crazy with AD Delegation and added a ton of ACEs to object Security Descriptors. […]

[joeware – never stop exploring… :) is proudly powered by WordPress.]