joeware - never stop exploring... :)

Information about joeware mixed with wild and crazy opinions...

Archive for the 'updates' Category

AdFind V01.51.00 Released–Happy Halloween! :)

by @ Tuesday, October 31st, 2017. Tags:
Filed under general, updates

I have released AdFind V01.51.00. This release has a group of bug fixes and memory leaks that I found over the last couple of months related to the port/conversion to Visual Studio C++. In addition I have added quite a few attributes to the list of decoded attributes including wellKnownObjects, dSASignature, several Exchange attributes, and […]

AdFind V01.50.00 Released

by @ Thursday, May 4th, 2017. Tags:
Filed under general, tech, updates

May the Fourth be with you.   I have uploaded the release version of AdFind V01.50.00 to the web site. You can find it at: I have mentioned previously some of the updates, the big change was to change from using the Code Gear (Embarcadero previously Borland) Builder C++ to Visual Studio 2015 […]

AdFind V01.50.00 Beta is now available

by @ Sunday, April 9th, 2017. Tags:
Filed under general, tech, updates

  I am now comfortable enough with the stability of AdFind V01.50.00 to release a beta of what is likely to be released. I went extra slow on testing on this version because I have converted the compiler from C++ Builder (previously Borland) to Visual Studio. This resulted in a considerable speed increase which really […]

AdFind V01.49.00 Released

by @ Saturday, February 28th, 2015. Filed under updates

I found a bug in –dloid functionality so I have corrected the bug and re-release AdFind with a new version number – V01.49.00. If you are unfamiliar with –dloid it tells AdFind to NOT download a partial schema to get the OID/Type info for attributes to decode special attributes such as GUIDs and SIDs […]

AdFind V01.48.00 Released

by @ Saturday, January 17th, 2015. Filed under tech, updates

It has been over two years since V01.47.00 was released but finally AdFind V01.48.00 has been released. I have no excuses other than allowing my day job to completely overrun my personal life. I would love to spend my days working on building and releasing tools but financially it just isn’t feasible at this time. […]

Updated: the joeware fork of rdp-sec-chk

by @ Monday, November 17th, 2014. Filed under perl, tech, updates

I have updated rdp-sec-chk on the joeware website. I had added some IPv6 functionality so that I could use it over DirectAccess from my employer’s environment and never released it because it was a bit hacky. However I started having others that wanted to use it that way too so was going to release V01.01.00 […]

AdFind V01.47.00 Released.

by @ Wednesday, October 31st, 2012. Filed under tech, updates

I just released AdFind V01.47.00 this evening. It is the Jack Skellington release. 😉   It is a small batch of changes with one fairly important change that is in beta. Fixed bugs with -this,-ameta,-vmeta (and general metadata output).  Changed Win8 decodes strings to Windows 2012. Added switch -nopaging. Added shortcut -sc ridpool.   […]

AdFind V01.46.00 and AdMod V01.18.00 RELEASED (yes finally…)

by @ Monday, March 19th, 2012. Filed under updates

I was having troubles getting these updates out the door. Not to make an excuse, but I kept getting emails pointing out bugs or new functionality in the OS or cool functionality that I could implement and I kept pushing the release out further and further. Since I am not making any money off of […]

AdFind V01.45.00 and AdMod V01.16.00

by @ Tuesday, March 22nd, 2011. Filed under tech, updates

So I slipped a new version of AdFind and AdMod out to the web site in the last week, AdFind on the Ides of March and AdMod today. They were both minor updates though the AdMod update allows me to do something with clearing protected DACLs that I will try to write up in a […]

AdFind Update Status

by @ Tuesday, February 15th, 2011. Tags:
Filed under tech, updates

As mentioned in the comment to the release blog entry, the newest released version of AdFind has an issue with LDAP directories that don’t return the supportedControl attribute by default in the standard RootDSE retrieval. If you only use AdFind for Active Directory or ADAM/ADLDS, that is not an issue for you. If you use […]

[joeware – never stop exploring… :) is proudly powered by WordPress.]